Dear Parents and Carers,
We were absolutely amazed by the wonderful challenge work handed in for our ‘China’ topic in term 4. The work was varied, interesting and we were so impressed with the effort the children put in as well as the parents and carers in supporting the children! The children seemed to have really assimilated and had fun learning about a different culture.
Our topic this term is ‘Plant’ a science based topic and children can follow up their own interests for this work.
Here are some ideas:
· Designing a brochure about where some plants come from and how they survive e.g. cacti
· Writing a fact sheet about fruit and vegetables from around the world.
· Create a tally chart or graph to measure and compare heights of plants.
· Researching about patterns in plants and their classification.
· Create clay flowers or use plants to dye cloth e.g. onions, beetroot and carrot.
· Create flower collages using different materials for texture and colour.
It is entirely up to the children on how they record this information. It could be in the form of writing, typed up, photos, drawings or diagrams - anything goes! All we ask is that everyone has a go so we all have something to share at the end of term.
The challenge work for Term 5 is due in by Tuesday 21st May. During this week, there will be time for each child to present their work and for it to be celebrated in class.
Thank you for your continued support,
The Year 2 Team