TILT School Advice COVID-19 (Weds 4.15pm)

At the moment all TILT schools remain open and continue to offer a full curriculum. We do have a number of staff in each school who are self-isolating/working from home for a variety of reasons. Despite this, all 3 schools remain viable. We anticipate that as the virus spreads our ability to maintain individual classes will diminish: with increasing staff absences and falling pupil numbers. We will assess each school daily as a separate entity and will make a decision to abandon the planned curriculum and existing class structures at each, if and when, necessary: This will be needs led and dictated by circumstances in each school.

Moving forwards, without an enforced government school closure direction, we will remain open for as long as we are able to maintain safe, viable classes and supervision.

TILT schools are working through a staged and sensible response to the outbreak. We are currently in Stage 3A: Mitigate/Delay.In addition to the measures already shared with you we have also:

· Cancelled trips/visits to minimise contact with large groups, this includes swimming sessions

· Cancelled any event attracting visitors in to school: workshops, coffee mornings etc.

· Limited non-essential contractors who visit more than one school

· Adapted lunch menus, as required, due to food shortages

As you are aware the situation is changing daily. We have a staged plan that will be implemented as necessary. On Monday we envisage TILT schools will move to:

Stage 3B: Mitigate/Delay: At this Stage we will be considering further reducing close contact situations:

· School meals in classroom bases

· Reduce school playtimes to year groups to limit contact/staggered lunchtimes

· Limit/stop lining up: direct movement in to class in the mornings

· Desks rearranged to provide less close contact

· Parents dropping pupils at the gates

· Increase time of exclusion for those with symptoms (beyond 48hrs)

· Exclusion of all visitors to site

· Staff living with elderly relatives to work from home

· Staff with high risk health conditions to work from home

· All afterschool clubs/lettings to cease

At 5.00 pm today there will be an announcement about schools. We will await the news and will be in touch tomorrow with a revised plan and/or to share arrangements if indeed we are to close.

We are confident that, in the event of an enforced national school closure, we are able to offer learning via: packs, the school website, existing web based apps, Passport to Learning Projects.

Your child’s interim report will be sent home with them on Friday. This will provide key information, but also will contain targets that can be worked on over the break in reading, writing and maths.

Please ensure you have supplied school with your CURRENT PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES so that we are able to communicate with you in the event of a closure.

The attendance advice shared on Tuesday remains current and in line with government guidelines:

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time of uncertainty.

To be the best we can be

©  Sunny Bank Primary School  2020