As announced last week at the moment there will be no blanket closure of schools.
This means that we will be open and operating a full curriculum at the moment.
Clear advice has been issued:
· If your child shows symptoms of Coronavirus (prolonged cough and a high temperature) they are to stay at home and self-isolate for SEVEN days. If in doubt ring 111 for advice.
All TILT schools are working through a staged and sensible response to the outbreak. The following measures are already in place:
· Increased hygiene: gel in reception: handwashing on entry to the building
· Hygiene lessons in class, enforced hand washing prior to eating
· Enforce 48 hrs after last symptom rule
· Cancelling trips/visits
· Build in curriculum time to talk to pupils re virus
· Increased cleaning of core contact points
· No close contact in school: no carpet time, no assemblies
· Daily dynamic Risk Assessment
· Cancellation of Parents’ Evenings all in schools
As you are aware the situation is changing daily: we have a staged plan that will be implemented as necessary:
Please keep an eye on our website in order to stay in touch with our changing plans.
Please see the advice below re Attendance:
All of the above measures are designed to delay the spread of the virus.
PLEASE UPDATE THE OFFICE ASAP WITH CURRENT PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAILS AS, IN THE EVENT OF A NATIONAL SCHOOL CLOSURE, WE WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU.